Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Trip Art

I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving.
Mine was good...food, family, relaxing, online shopping...
A great weekend!

I realized over the weekend I never shared with you 
the art we bought on our trip.

We bough two small pastels.
One in Dubrovnik and one in Venice.

Here's the one from Dubronik.



We bought it without the frame and mat,
and Jason found a frame store going out of business and go it matted and framed for a really great deal.
I like what he picked out.
We have it in the downstairs bath and it really looks good with the shower curtain we already had in there.


I apologize for the poor pictures...there's hardly any natural light to be had - its so gray outside!
And the energy efficient light bulbs we have aren't exactly in place for the beautiful glow they cast.

And here's the Venice piece.





The artist also built and gold leafed the frame.
I'm don't really like the gold frame on the builder beige walls in the powder room,
but the wall color will change down the road.
With the right color, it will really pop.

Here's a close up.


Its of St Mark's Square, which was around the corner from our hotel.
*Sigh* I already want to go back.

Unfortunately, I'm headed off to work this afternoon and not Venice.
I'm pretty nervous because I'm giving a presentation I've never done before tonight.
Wish me luck!

xoxo- Bethany

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment