Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Gratitude in Action

Because November is the Thanksgiving month,
I am doing a series on gratitude every Thursday in November.

Gratitude has changed for me over the years.
It used to be, I was grateful for all the"stuff" in my life,
and then as I matured, I became grateful for the people in my life.
Now, I have reached a point where I am grateful for all of the above, life in general,
and most importantly the undeserved  grace that has been given to me.

The way I show this gratitude has changed for me, as well.
It used to be, I simply said, "Thank you."
But now, I believe that gratitude should be shown,
instead of just spoken.
In other words, there should be action behind that gratitude.
A giving back, if you will.

This week, I voted.
Don't worry, I'm not about to get all preachy...
I'm not even going to tell you who I voted for.
That's not the point.
The point is that I took the action.


Because, I am grateful.
Grateful to live a country where I can vote.
Where I can say what I want to say.
And do what I want to do.
Where I am free.
God bless America.

Stay tuned for more gratitude in action posts,
every Thursday in November.

Thanks for reading!

xoxo - Bethany




No comments:

Post a Comment