Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gratitude in Action: Operation Christmas Child

Today, I'm continuing my Gratitude in Action series by blogging about a charity Jason and I have supported the past couple of years, Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child.
Operation Christmas Child gives children in impoverished countries an opportunity to learn about Christ while receiving a box of gifts they desperately need.



We went to the dollar store and bought toiletries, school supplies and small toys
and packed them in a plastic shoe box.
Next week we will drop it off at a local church,
and it will be delivered to a child next month.
You can even track your shoe box online to see where
it is delivered.

At this time of the year, its really easy for me to get caught up in what I want....
The children on the receiving end of these shoe boxes don't have a fraction
 of what your or I have.
When asked what they want, most of them say stuff like socks, soap and writing utensils.
It really puts things in perspective for me.
And reminds me of how much I have to be grateful for. 
That's why I'm giving back.
 
Click here to find more information if you would like to pack a shoe box for a child.
The national collection week is November 12-19th so you still have time!

xoxo - Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment