Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude in Action: Happy Thanksgiving!





Happy Thanksgiving!
Today, I'm continuing the Gratitude in Action Series 
 by bringing you 5 ways I am putting my gratitude into action today.
Here they are:

  1. We're driving to Arkansas today. Six hours one way, for one meal. We left at 6AM, and are turning around and driving back tomorrow. That's love (gratitude) in action people.
  2. I'm not going to complain the entire trip. This is a personal goal of sorts. When I am in the car for hours at a time, I tend to get cranky. But I am grateful for my husband and family! And I'm determined to show it.
  3. I'm taking a hostess gift. Jason's cousin, Amy and her husband Tommy, host Thanksgiving dinner EVERY year. With my Christmas Dinner looming, I'm more grateful than ever all I have to do is show up and eat!
  4. I'm picking up the phone and giving out the hugs. I plan of making some phone calls to people I am very grateful for, but don't have the pleasure of seeing today. And giving the ones I do, great big hugs! Sounds simple. But its the small things! (My mother in law is going to get an extra big hug, because she offered to let me raid her closets and borrow some of  her entertaining/ serving pieces for the Holidays.)
  5. Prayer. I'm going to use some of that 6 hours in the car to reflect of all I have to be grateful for and thank Him who has supplied it all!
I hope wherever you are and whoever you are with,
you're having a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

xoxo - Bethany

P.S. - I've very grateful for you, dear readers of this blog. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment