Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mountain Apple Cobbler

Happy Halloween!
I hope everyone has a safe and happy night, whether they are out and about, or at home.
I will be at home eating passing out candy and watching Nashville on ABC.
I wanted to share a treat with y'all that is To. Die. For.
Seriously, its amazing, so much so, I almost didn't get a picture of it before it was eaten up!

 (I went with the freaky font because A) It's Halloween - duh! and B) Frankly this is the prettiest food picture I've ever taken. I thought twice about posting it, but I'm just keepin' it real)

Okay, something you must know about the recipe before you read any further.
It has a weird secret ingredient.
I was skeptical. And it sounded kinda gross.
But trust me, the end result is delish!
It's Mountain Dew.
Yes, this recipe calls for one can of Mountain Dew. 
Forgive me, please.
But in my defense...this not some sort of clean eating organic foodie website.
I just post stuff that taste good to me and my man. Amen.
Okay, enough of the disclaimers...here's the recipe.

Mountain Apple Cobbler - adapted from All Recipes

Ingredients:
2 large granny smith apples pealed, cored, and cut into 8 wedges each
2 cans of crescent rolls
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted
1 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 can of lemon lime soda (such as Mountain Dew)

Preparation:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Unroll the crescent roll dough, and separate the sheets into individual triangles. Roll each apple wedge into a triangle of dough, and place them into the baking dish, seam sides down.
  3. Mix the melted butter, sugars, and cinnamon in a bowl, and spoon evenly over the dough-wrapped apple slices. Pour the soda over the rolls.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is browned, the apples are cooked through, and the cobbler is bubbling, 45 to 50 minutes. 
Enjoy!
 
xoxo - Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment