Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Breakfast Room Drapes

Howdy friends! I've been busy...
24 yards of fabric plus lots of sewing equals
new breakfast room drapes!



Because we all love a good before and after...


Excuse all the crap laying around in the before picture.
 I took it back in April when we were moving in.
I'm just keeping it real.

This project was so rewarding!
Mostly because this space was in bad need of some window treatments 
 and its in the heart of the home and can be seen from multiple rooms.

Now for the details...

I loosely based my curtains off of Miss Mustard Seed's curtain tutorial
(minus the ruffle and I used actual window treatment lining whereas she used a sheet).

 I love the fabric I used! I got it at Hancock's on sale for less than $8.00 a yard.
Can't beat that!



I also love the drapery rods that were used. 
They are Allen and Roth from Lowe's.
You can find them here.

I would highly recommend them because you can pick out the finials separately.
Also, they're solid wood and thicker than most metal curtain rods, so they have a more custom feel.
Because they're wood, we bought 2 eight foot long ones and Jason cut them down to fit our bay windows.


Overall, I spent $230. 
I think that's awesome considering I bought 24 yards of fabric!
Not to mention to have the rod and drapes done professionally could have easily cost $1,000!



 Yay for custom on a budget!

-Bethany


1 comment: