Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

14 week Bump-date


 
I'm offically 14 weeks today! I feel like the picture above is the first one I've seen lately that I look pregnant and not just like I've been eating too many cookies. Jason took it last night because I actually had makeup on, although I had just gotten rained on so that's why my hair is all frizzy.

How Far Along? 14 weeks
Size of Baby? The size of a lemon...approximately 3and 1/2 inches from head to rump and 1and 1/2 oz.
Maternity Clothes? Maternity pants are too big on me, but my regular pants are too small, so I'm using a belly band to keep my unbuttoned/unzipped pants up. Wearing maternity tops, or tunics with leggings mostly.
Weight Gain?  I don't know. We don't own a scale and I can't decide if I want to buy one or not. I want to be aware of my weight but I don't want to worry about it. So we'll see. At my 12 week appointment I had gained 2 pounds...and I feel like I may have gained a pound or two since then. So 3 to 4 in total?
Stretch Marks? No. Everything I've read says these are genetic, and my mom doesn't have them. I'm not taking any chances though and slathering on Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter and Body Oil daily.
Gender?  Don't know yet!
Sleep? Sleeping well with vivid dreams nightly.
Food Cravings? First trimester all I wanted was carbs and fruit. And lots of cereal. Meat is now sounding more appealing, but I've also been craving sweets. We're having chicken tacos for dinner tonight because it sounded particularly good. That's kinda how its been -eating what sounds good that day- even if it entails daily grocery trips. I have been mindful to ensure I'm getting dairy, fruits, veggies, and protein daily.
What I Miss? Coca cola and coffee!! I'm allowed one cup of coffee a day which doesn't really cut it but I've been really good so far and haven't cheated at all. I haven't had a caffeinated soft drink since I found out I was expecting but do allow myself the occasional ginger ale or sprite.
Symptoms? The fatigue has lifted some but I'm still waiting on this supposed "burst of energy" everyone says is coming. Breakouts, constipation, nasal congestion...fun stuff. I have boobs for the first time ever which is pretty cool...it's a shame my tummy is starting to outshine them. Just keeping it real.
Belly Button? It's getting more shallow...
Best Moment of the Week? Moving the guest bed out of the soon to be nursery and setting up the crib! Also, I bought the first piece of baby clothing! Just wait until I find out the gender!

xoxo - Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment