Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mess to Success :: Refashioned Tunic to Skirt

So awhile back I went to Forever 21 and bought some transitional items for fall 
and a couple of items for our upcoming Mediterranean vacation.
 I have a love/hate relationship with Forever 21, and have for some time.
I love them because their clothes are cheap.
And I hate them because their clothes are cheap.

Case in point:

  I bought this cute tunic for the cruise. 
I paid 13.50. Which is great...


Except the back was ripped. I'm not sure if this happened before I bought it and I just didn't notice, or if I bought it and brought it home and this happened when I tried it on.
Either way, it's ruined.

I couldn't return it because I threw away the receipt long before I noticed the rip.
(Forever 21 won't accept returns or exchanges without a receipt. 
At all. No store credit. Nothing, unless you have a receipt.)  

So I decided to make it into a skirt using this 
tutorial I found on Pinterest.

And here's how it turned out after some sewing and sweating and cussing from yours truly. 

 
It's my first garment. :)
It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination,
but it turned out!

I'm off to sew some more!
Thanks for reading!! :)

xoxo- Bethany



No comments:

Post a Comment