Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

DIY Raffia and Vintage Finds Doorhanger


I was at Joann's yesterday buying some sewing supplies
and saw their fall decorations had arrived.

As I was browsing, I saw this doorhanger with bells.
Sorry I couldn't find it on their site to link up.


I thought it was cute and all, but then it hit me..
This would be a great project to use the vintage keys I've been collecting from estate sales.

So, I headed over to the dollar store and got this....


and this...





and came back home and sat down in front of the tv with this...



We bought a new blender and I'm on a smoothie kick.

And watched this...

Has anyone else seen this show? Its like a train wreck...I can't look away.

And simply wrapped the wire coil in raffia holding it with a few dots of hot glue.
Then I tied on a few keys and a rusty old calf bell  I already had.
This is how it turned out..









I think it really turned out cute and I only spent 2 dollars for the raffia and wire.
Plus, it was easy and quick!

I'm linking this post up to Cassie's linky party!

Hope y'all have great weekend friends!

-Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment