Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Master Bedroom Updates

So over the past couple of weeks I've made a couple of updates to our Master Bedroom.

This is what our bedroom looked like before...


The blue bedside table was mine from my childhood room that we painted with Aubusson Blue Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. It turned out to be too deep for the room, so we dry brushed Old Ochre Chalk paint over it.


The other bedside table, finally got a skirt and a glass top!
I may never make another round table skirt because of the blood, sweat, tears, and curse words that went into it, but I am happy with how it turned out.


We also got a new headboard! We originally wanted the Raleigh headboard from Pottery Barn, but ended up getting the Carlton headboard from JCPenny because it was similar and several hundred dollars cheaper.  


I also decided that the bird duvet and shams were too busy even though I loved the print, so I broke up all the print by layering in the Fieldcrest Matelasse Coverlet from Target.

So here it is now...


Here is a close up of the Chalk Paint bedside table.

Before


After


And here is a close up of the finished table skirt.


So I feel like we're close to having this room finished. 
I have some leftover table skirt fabric to make a toss pillow or two for the bed to tie it together.
Also we need something over the bed and over the dresser at the other end of the room.

 
 I feel like I will know when I find the right thing. 
Until then I feel like we've made some great progress!


-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment