Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nautical Baby Boy Nursery

Nautical Baby Boy Nursery 


Nautical Baby Boy Nursery by headhearthouse on Polyvore

So I've really been working hard on compiling ideas for baby boy's nursery.
I knew as soon as we found out we were having a boy, that I wanted a nautical themed nursery.  
Jason and I both love boating, fishing, and being on the water so it made sense.
My first purchase for the nursery was the three prints from Fit to Print on Etsy. 
I loved the whimsical design and the color scheme so that was our jumping off point.
 
As far as furniture goes, my mother in law bought our crib from Pottery Barn Kids
which has already come in. (Thank you Gram!!!)
I wanted one that was simple, but good quality to last through any more children we may have.
Thinking along the same lines, I really wanted a nice upholstered glider 
as a place to rock and cuddle baby. 
(Not to mention, for late night feedings in the beginning and bedtime stories down the road.)
We decided on this one from Pottery Barn Kids - and my parents bought it for us, although we are still waiting on delivery. (Thank you Cookie and Pop!!!)
There are definitely cheaper options out there, but after sitting in the Pottery Barn ones in store, there really is no comparison...so comfortable.
Plus, its slipcovered, so it will easily adapt to other rooms down the road if we need it to.
The other pieces of furniture in the room are pieces from my room growing up.
There's an painted armorie that we call, "the pie safe" that my grandfather built,
and a pine chest of drawers that my mom used as my changing table,
that we will use as his too. :)

As for bedding...I have really had a hard time finding crib bedding I liked,
and was thinking of sewing my own, until I saw this James bedding collection at Serena & Lily. 
They are currently running a promotion where all fabric swatches are free,
so I ordered those before I pull the trigger on the crib skirt and crab sheets.
I ordered a swatch for the bumper but I don't think I will end up getting it.
I just can't justify the high cost, when I will be too nervous to use it.
(The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends not using bumper pads because young babies can suffocate on them, and older babies can use them to climb out of the crib and fall.)

 As for the rest of the decor on the moodboard, the whale decal (no, we are not naming the baby Ryder) and mobile are also from Etsy, a goldmine for all those special touches and unique items. 
The rug and the pouf are from Land of Nod. 
I may have to get all of these... you'll just have to come back to see! :) 

xoxo - Bethany 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment