Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Real Life Pinterest Board


I made a boring bulletin board beautiful.


Its going to be my inspiration/idea board for my sewing space. 
It's basically going to be a "real life" pinterest board. :)

I had seen versions of this all over blogland. I particularly liked Emily's and followed her instructions.

I took a regular ole bulletin board 
(Which, by the way, was harder to find for cheap than thought it would be. I finally settled on one from Target for $12.99)
and taped off the edges with masking tape. 


Then, I sprayed on a coat of this...


Then, I pulled off the tape and put my fabric down. 
I used a ruler like a squeegee to get the bubbles out and smooth out the fabric.
The fabric was very easy to reposition using this spray adhesive.

Then I busted out the plain jane nickel thumbtacks for my faux nailhead trim.
I used a ruler and just eyeballed trying to get the row of tacks straight and even spaced. 
Of course, its not perfect. If you wanted it perfect you might want to pay $15 to $20 and buy a nailhead kit.
But I was going the budget route.

Jason helped me use a staple gun to staple the fabric down on the back side of the board. 
Done! 
Easy peasy real life pinterest board that is going to double as art in my sewing space all for about $30.



-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment